landscapes, seascapes in Carnarvon, Western Australia (HD)
Travel Videos HD, World Travel Guide http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=World1Tube
Carnarvon is a coastal town situated approximately 900 kilometres north of Perth. It lies at the mouth of the Gascoyne River on the Indian Ocean.
With an outstanding diversity of landscapes, seascapes, natural and man made attractions, Carnarvon has something for everyone. The marine and bird life is second to none.
* BLOWHOLES – Slightly north you will find the famous blowholes attraction. There is also a coral filled lagoon with fish and shells in abundance. There are white sandy beaches in this area which is ideal for snorkelling and enjoying a family picnic.
* CARNARVON HERITAGE PRECINCT – Take a walk down memory lane through the lighthouse keepers cottage museum. Restored to the times of our pioneers who looked after the lighthouse. Also visit the railway museum which is home of the fully restored Kimberley steam train that operated from the jetty to town in the 1950’s
* CARNARVON PLANTATIONS – The diversity of the produce grown in the area is considerable, in particular bannanas, mangos, paw paw, stone fruit, avarcardos, tomatoes, capsicum, pumpkin, asparagus and the list goes on. Check it out and grab yourself some fresh produce.
* ONE MILE JETTY – As the pastrol industry shaped Carnarvon in the late 1800’s the local population put pressure on the government to develop a port for the town. By 1897 the jetty had been built and wool and livestock produced in the regin began to be exported.
* SATTELITE TRACKING STATION – It was from here that Australia received its first satellite television broadcast. The area offers terrific panomaramic views of the town and surrounding countryside.
Carnarvon is a coastal town situated approximately 900 kilometres north of Perth, Western Australia. It lies at the mouth of the Gascoyne River on the Indian Ocean. The popular Shark Bay world heritage area lies to the south of the town and the Ningaloo Reef lies to the north. At the 2011 census, Carnarvon had a population of 4,559.
Carnarvon Tours, Carnarvon Travel Guide, Carnarvon Cities, Carnarvon Vacation, Carnarvon Tourism, Carnarvon Holidays, Carnarvon Attractions, Carnarvon Trip, Carnarvon Hotels, Travel to Carnarvon, Visit Carnarvon, Carnarvon Nature, Carnarvon Landscape